COVID-19 Modifications for Summer Swim Lessons
Due to state and county health regulations, significant modifications have been made to our swim lesson program. Here is what you need to know for the summer swim lessons:
- To achieve distancing requirements, instructors will be teaching all classes from the pool deck.
- All participants, regardless of age or height, will require an adult from the same household in the water during the class. Swordfish and ATS levels will be the only classes that will not have this requirement.
- Participants (and their adult) will be kept at a minimum of 6 feet apart in the water throughout the class.
- Due to the operational requirements, not all skill levels will be offered this summer.
- There is a significant reduction in class size, and overall reduction in the number of classes held.
- Masks are required to enter the facility. However, masks will not be worn in the water.
- Anyone entering the facility is required to self-screen prior to arriving to the Swim Center.
- Only one adult will be allowed to enter the facility with each registered child.
Unsure of which class is appropriate for your child? Call the Swim Center at (858) 668-4680 to schedule an assessment during the week of June 22. All in-water assessments will require an adult in the water with the child. If you’re unable to make an assessment time, staff can help you select a class over the phone, as well.
- Please adhere to age requirements for the different class levels.
- Please note swim lessons skill requirements for the different level classes.
- Students who are enrolled for a class either above or below their ability level will be dropped from the class if no other class is available.
- If you cannot make the class on the first day, please call 858-668-4683 to make sure that you are not dropped from the class.
- You can register online for classes.
For more registration information, please call 858-668-4570. If you have questions about lessons, call us at 858-668-4683.
Under 6 Years
Swim classes available for those students that are under 6 years of age. Levels include: Parent & Child, Pregrunion, Grunion 1, Grunion 2, Grunion 3, and Otter Pup.Link to page
6 to 15 Years
Classes available for students that are within the age range of 6 years through 15 years old. Levels include: Starfish, Seahorse, Otter, Swordfish, and ATS (summer only).Link to page
16 Years and Older
Classes available for those students that are 16 years of age or older. Adult classes will not be offered Summer 2020.Link to page
City of Poway offers one-on-one swim instruction classes.Link to page
Water Polo (Summer Only)
Water polo classes will not be offered in Summer 2020.Link to page
Diving (Summer Only)
Diving classes will not be offered in Summer 2020.Link to page
Don’t know what class to sign up for? Make an appointment to have a free swim lesson assessment. It is highly recommended for determining the appropriate placement for participants. Call 858-668-4680.
Waiting List Information
Can’t find space in the class you’re looking for? Please call us at 858-668-4680 or email us to be placed on a waiting list at no charge. Please include: the participants name, age, class activity number, and phone number. We will contact you if space becomes available, no need to show up on the 1st day. New classes created based on instructor availability and pool space.