Carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental deaths in the United States. Carbon monoxide detectors are now required in all residential occupancies statewide.
Every year thousands of people die or are injured in house fires. With proper awareness, prevention, and preparation, this number can be significantly reduced.
See various regulations and guidelines.
The kitchen can be a very dangerous place if the appropriate precautions are not taken. Every year, numerous people die or are injured in the kitchen due to fire, poisonings, burns, and electric shock.
Read tips on being prepared for wildfires from the Burn Institute.
Smoke detectors can significantly reduce the chance of death or injury from fires in the home.
Creating defensible space around your home can help prevent the damage caused by wildfires.
Information on electrical fire hazards