We offer a variety of educational hikes for teachers, students, families, scouts, and other interested groups. Through tours at the Blue Sky Ecological Reserve, we encourage everyone to experience the beauty and importance of our natural resources.
Blue Sky Docents are fully trained to lead hikes and offer an exciting and wide range of topics for every interest! Hikes are free, reservations are not required, and more than 250 people per year attend our hikes and achieve a greater understanding and appreciation of our local natural and cultural resources.
A few things to keep in mind are:
- All hikes begin from the south end of the parking lot.
- Hikes are interpretive, slow-paced and suitable for all ages, unless indicated otherwise.
- Please follow common rules of courtesy and safety.
- Unless participating in our monthly dog walking hike, dogs, or other pets, are not permitted on docent-led hikes.
- We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen, and water.
We offer individual organizations or groups free docent-led tours of the Blue Sky Ecological Reserve. Our hikes are perfect for seniors, military, service groups, and more. Contact Blue Sky Ecological Reserve today.
We can help your troop meet requirements for nature-related scout badges. Scouts learn about sharing their world with wildlife. Call Blue Sky Ecological Reserve to schedule your visit today.
We accept groups, up to 15 scouts, and there must be 1 adult for every 6 scouts. Please provide at least 3 weeks notice.
Before the tour, it is important to follow these tips and rules:
- For safety reasons, scouts are required to stay behind the hike leader and remain on trail at all times.
- Please, no fruit drinks or sodas.
- Scouts are required to wear appropriate clothing (hat, closed toe shoes) for outdoor activity and weather.
- Scouts must bring their own water.