Water Shortage Watch
To Report Water Waste, visit savewater.ca.gov
The City of Poway is currently at a Level 1 - Water Shortage Watch with mandatory water conservation measures. On June 7, 2022, the City Council adopted a resolution to implement the mandatory water use restrictions listed in the Water Shortage Contingency Plan Level 2.
The Mandatory Water Use Efficiency Measures are listed here.
State-mandated water restrictions apply. All Californians are prohibited from:
- Using potable water to wash sidewalks and driveways;
- Allowing runoff when watering with potable water;
- Using hoses with no shutoff nozzles to wash cars;
- Using potable water in decorative water features that do not recirculate the water;
- Watering outdoors during and within 48 hours following measurable rainfall;
Take the opportunity to reduce your water use by taking advantage of rebate opportunities.