Regulatory Licenses

Apply for A Regulatory License

  1. City of Poway Online Services Website

    Use City of Poway Online Services to apply for:

    • Regulatory Licenses

Online Submissions are the fastest method to receive your Regulatory License, however you can apply in person or via mail with the forms below.

To submit in person or via mail:

  1. Complete the corresponding application
  2. Pay Fees – Regulatory License and $57* LiveScan Fee for each applicant on all new regulatory licenses.
    Payments may be made by Check or Money Order payable to the City of Poway
  3. Submit:

In person:

City of Poway
13325 Civic Center Drive
Poway, CA 92064

By mail:

City of Poway
Attn: Regulatory Licenses
PO Box 789
Poway, CA 92074

For new licenses, please contact the Business Licensing Division at the link below to schedule an appointment Live Scan.

  1. Business Licenses

    Phone: (858) 668-4401

Miscellaneous Information Form

To be completed by each Partner, Corporate Officer, and On-Site Manager.

License / PermitInvestigation TimeTermInitial FeeRenewal Fee
Amusement Establishments30 DaysAnnual$260$78
Bingo License (PDF)30 DaysAnnual$51$51
Add Staff Worker (PDF)30 DaysPer app$21$15
Carnival / Go-Cart Centers
Temporary10 Days5 days or less$218N/A
Permanent30 DaysAnnual$218$36
Dance License (PDF)
Class A (daily / nightly)30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Class B (3 days / nights in any calendar week)30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Class C (1 day / night only)30 Days1 day$259N/A
Class D (fraternal, social club, etc.)30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Dance License - Juvenile
Class A30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Class B30 Days1 day$259N/A
Entertainment License (PDF)
Class I (professionals)30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Class II (topless entertainment)30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Class III (non-professional)30 DaysAnnual$259$77
Firearms Sales License (PDF)30 DaysAnnual$457$275
Holistic Health Practitioner30 Days1 time$15N/A
Secondhand Dealers (PDF)30 DaysAnnual$480$280
Sidewalk Vendor's License (PDF)30 DaysAnnual$278$230
Solicitor's License - including food trucks (PDF) 30 DaysBiennial$54$24
Solicitor's ID Card (PDF)
30 Days
Vehicle Storage/Auto Wrecking Yard/Junkyard
30 Days

As of January 1, 2018, a $4 State Disability Access and Education Fee is included in the fees above for all applicable initial and renewal fees for regulatory licenses.