Master Fee Schedule
Download Master Fee Schedule (pdf)
Approved Master Schedule of Fees
On December 11, 2007, the City Council approved a Master Schedule of Fees. Since that time, staff has reviewed the Municipal code to identify all sections of the code that reference specific fee amounts, so that those references could be removed from the code. Removing specific fees from the code will allow future modifications to the Master Schedule of Fees to be approved by resolution, rather than by ordinance, thereby simplifying the process. Staff also identified sections of the code that should be deleted because of reference to activities that are not permitted in or are not regulated by the city.
In September 2006, the City Council authorized a study for the purpose of updating the city’s models for allocating internal-support costs and determining the cost of city services. The study, completed with the assistance of FCS Group, was in keeping with the City Council adopted Financial Policy, which calls for a comprehensive analysis of City costs and fees every 5 to 10 years.
The cost allocation model is used to determine the costs of general citywide services in support of direct service departments, and special districts. These costs are then allocated in the operating budget to provide reimbursement to the general fund.
The overhead support costs are also used by the city services fee model, which determines the amounts that are necessary to recover the cost of services provided by the various city departments. The services addressed by the study are limited to those that solely benefit an individual or group user, and not general benefit services normally funded by taxes.
On May 15, 2007, the City Council adopted the updated cost allocation model. Council then reviewed the results of the fee study at Workshops held in October and November 2007, and provided staff with direction regarding the level of cost recovery to be used as a basis for updating the City fees for services.
May 24, 2010, Resolution 10-017 rescinded 08-083 - Based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for the prior calendar year, it was recommended that the majority of fees remain unchanged for FY 2010 -11, and that the existing fee rollbacks and waivers for rebuilding due to the Witch Creek Fire be continued in accordance with Resolution 09 -063.
Circumstantial / Temporary Changes
- Approved by Resolution 08-073 - August 19, 2008 - Waive Application fees for property owners affected by the Witch Creek Fire
- Approved by Resolution 08-083 - December 2, 2008 - Waive Permit fees for property owners affected by the Witch Creek fire
- Approved by Resolution 09-063 - October 6, 2009 - Extension on Witch Creek waivers
- Approved by Resolution 11-007 - February 22, 2011 - Extension of Building Permit waiver for Witch Creek Fire victims until 11-8-11
- Approved by Resolution 11-050 - August 2, 0211 - Waived Non-Resident Parking Fee for Lake Poway for active duty military with valid ID
- Approved by Ordinance 753 - August 6, 2013 - Establishing Exemptions from Payment of Application and Renewal Fees for Business Certifications and Home Occupation Permits for Certain Veterans and Active-Duty Military Business Owners
Amendments to Master Fee Schedule
- Approved by Resolution 08-070 and Resolution 08-071 - August 19, 2008 - Addition of Wild Fire Defensible Space fee
- Approved by Ordinance 684 - December 2, 2008 - Addition of Development Impact fees
- Approved by Resolution 10-017 - May 4, 2010 - Rescinding Resolution 08-083 and Adopting a 2010-11 Master Schedule of Fees
- Approved by Resolution 11-015 - April 5, 2011 - Increase in the Regional Transportation Congestion Improvement Program RTCIP traffic fee for fiscal year 2011/12 as required by the Transnet Ordinance
- Approved by Resolution 11-037 - June 21, 2011 - Amendment of Appeal fees
- Approved by Resolution 11-049 - July 19, 2011 - Amendment of Plan Check and Inspection fees
- Approved by Resolution 11-068 - December 20, 2011 - Amendment to the Landscape Plan Check and Inspection Services fee
- Approved by Resolution 12-012 - April 3, 2012 - Amendment Approving a 2% Increase in the RTCIP Traffic Fee for FY 2012-13 as required by the Transnet Ordinance
- Approved by Resolution 12-013 - April 3, 2012 - Amendment of Business Certificate and Home Occupation Permit fees
- Approved by Resolution 12-024 - June 5, 2012 - Amendment of Community Services fees
- Approved by Resolution 13-003 - March 5, 2013 - Amendment to Reduce Fees for a Solicitor's License and a Solicitor's Identification Card
- Approved by Resolution 13-006 - April 2, 2013 - Amendment Approving a 2% Increase in the RTCIP Traffic Fee for FY 2013-14 as required by the Transnet Ordinance
- Approved by Resolution 13-035 - October 15, 2013 - Amendment to Waive the Fee for MDRA for Amateur Radio Antennas up to 35 feet in height
- Approved by Resolution 14-009 - April 1, 2014 - Amendment to the Regional Transportation Congestion Improvement Program (RTCIP) Traffic Mitigation fee
- Approved by Resolution 14-019 - April 15, 2014 - Amendment of Community Services fees
- Approved by Resolution 14-029 - May 20, 2014 - Amendment of PCPA Consignment Ticketing fees
- Approved by Resolution 14-030 - June 3, 2014 - Amendment of Development Services - Building Division fees
- Approved by Resolution 14-045 - July 15, 2014 - Formatting changes under Building Division and Extending the Effective Date of Resolution 14-030 to August 2, 2104
- Approved by Resolution 14-048 - August 5, 2014 - To add Processing Fees for an Antenna Permit and Related Rehearing
- Approved by Resolution 14-064 - November 18, 2014 - To reduce the Fee for Temporary Water & Sewer Connection
- Approved by Resolution 15-038 - October 6, 2015 - To add Annual Right-of-Way Permit fee
- Approved by Resolution 15-013 - May 19, 2015 - To Amendment to the Regional Transportation Congestion Improvement Program (RTCIP) Traffic Mitigation fee
- Approved by Resolution 16-002 - February 2, 2016 - To Amend the PCPA Fees within the Community Services Section of the Master Fee Schedule
- Approved by Resolution 16-007 - April 5, 2016 - Approving a 2% Increase in the Regional Transportation Congestion Improvement Program (RTCIP) Traffic Mitigation Fee for Fiscal Year 2016/2017 as required by the Transnet Ordinance
- Approved by Resolution 16-050 - October 18, 2016 - Amendment of Community Services fees
- Approved by Resolution 17-073 - November 21, 2017 - Amendment of Community Services Programming and Facilities Use Fees
- Approved by Resolution 17-077 - December 5, 2017 - Amendment of Community Services Program Fees