To insure your safety and enjoyment, and that of other park visitors, and for the safety and protection of wildlife, please follow these simple rules.
- Dogs must be on a leash of 6' or less at all times.
- Stay on marked trails at all times. This is natural habitat and many different animals live here. Rattlesnakes and mountain lions are in the area.
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Do not wear headphones.
- Do not hike alone. Use the buddy system.
- Carry a cell phone, and whistle, if possible.
- Take adequate water to drink. Take water for your dog.
- Wear appropriate closed-toe shoes with suitable traction
- Protect yourself from the sun. Wear a high factor sunscreen. Cover as much of body in lightweight clothing as possible. Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Encourage children to drink plenty of water so they don’t become dehydrated.
- Try not to hike during hottest part of the day.
- Allow for frequent shaded rest stops
- Try to remember to carry ID. Keep it on your trail shoes. Include any relevant medical information.
IF YOU SEE ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS, NOTIFY THE INTERPRETIVE SPECIALIST AT (858) 668-4781, OR CALL THE POWAY SHERIFF AT (858) 513-2800.
Last updated: 12/10/2013 4:08:19 PM