Salaries & Benefits
City Salaries & Benefits
The City Council approved the Tentative Agreement with Teamsters Local 911, which represents non-safety employees, and the Poway Firefighters' Association. Further, the City implemented changes to the salary and benefit plan for unrepresented management and confidential employees. The agreements provide:
- 3.5% wage increases effective the first pay period of fiscal year 2017-18
- 2% wage increases effective the first pay period of fiscal year 2018-19
- City Council Agenda Report and Resolution - June 20, 2017 (PDF)
- City Manager Employment Agreement (PDF)
- Management Confidential Salary and Benefit Plan 2015-2017 (PDF)
Mayor & Councilmember Compensation
Additional Mayor & Councilmember Benefits
- Mayor and City Council Compensation and Benefits (PDF)
- Form 806 - Council Compensation for Regional Boards and Committees (PDF)
Local Government Compensation Report
The California State Controller's Office requires every city and special district to report compensation. The Controller's format reports the minimum and maximum range of compensation for every city position, the actual compensation for each position during the latest full calendar year, as well as benefit cost information. View the most recent compensation report (PDF). See all compensation reports filed with the State Controller at Government Compensation in California.
Pension Reform in Poway
The city embarked on pension reform beginning in 2009 and has implemented changes the details of which can be found at the Pension Reform page.